Ok ok, I know Boho is a fashion term, but when I made this superfood bowl today, I felt like Boho would best describe it. This boho superfood fall bowl with pumpkin tahini dressing is a meld of free, bold flavors, all coexisting within earthy tones and flavors. Everything fits harmoniously together and that’s what I love about it!
Plus its packed with superfoods and super healthy ingredients. It’s made up of protein packed lentils, sweet potatoes filled with vitamin C, protein and amino acid filled quinoa, calcium packed kale, antioxidant summer squash, and more nuts and seeds. The dressing is a fall favorite, a spicy blend of tahini, pumpkin spice, and curry. Plus this recipe is vegan and gluten-free and consists of whole, unprocessed foods!
This bowl is nourishing, healthy, clean, and perfect for the early fall weather! This recipe does really well when reheated, so its perfect to bring to school or work! OR you can eat it at room temperature! Since this bowl is balanced with whole, healthy, ingredients, it will stay with you for hours and keep you full!
For this particular dressing, be sure to taste test every step of the way because we all prefer different levels of spices and spiciness! I cooked my quinoa in a mock “chicken” broth for more flavor, but water will be just fine too! For a tip, save a little bit of broth for braising the kale! This recipe is perfect for combining your leftovers. I suggest preparing everything ahead of time in a double batch and then just assembling the morning before work or at lunch so that you don’t have to wait to cook the quinoa, lentils, or sweet potato.
- ½ cup of dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup of water, mock chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- Braised Kale
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped, stems removed
- ¼ cup of broth
- 1 summer squash, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
- 1 small sweet potato, baked (or microwaved for 4 minutes!)
- ¼ cup cooked, prepared lentils
- For the dressing
- 2 Tbl tahini
- 1 Tbl fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ¼-1/8 tsp of cayenne (depending on your spice preference)
- salt to taste
- For garnish
- Raw pepitas
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- In a medium pot, bring your 1 cup of water/broth to a boil. Add in your rinsed quinoa and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat your oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Once your pan is hot, add in your garlic and sauté for a bit until lightly browned.
- Add in your kale and cook on high heat for about 1 minute.
- Add your broth and lower heat a bit and cook until the liquid is evaporated about 5-7 minutes.
- Check on your quinoa and after 15 minutes have passed, remove the quinoa from heat and cover it and let it sit for about 5 minutes covered.
- Once your liquid has evaporated, remove the kale from the skillet, and add in your sliced summer squash and sauté until browned about 5-7 minutes.
- While you’re cooking your summer squash, prepare your dressing. In a food processor, add in your tahini, lemon juice, 1 Tbl water, and blend until all are well combined.
- If your dressing is too thick, add in more water. If your dressing is too thin, add more tahini.
- Once your dressing is at its desired consistency, add in your spices, pumpkin, curry, ginger, and cayenne and pulse until everything is well combined.
- Taste test for spice level and salt.
- Assemble your salad/bowl, by placing in all your ingredients together or in separate sections and drizzle your dressing over top and garnish with your seeds!
- Snob Away.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know how yours went or what you added/took out in the comments below!
Like this recipe? Want more like it?
Download my 12 Fall Favorite vegan recipes ebook to get them all in one easy place!