I was a late bloomer to the world of coffee. My family never drank coffee, so whenever I had coffee was at a coffee shop or when catching up with friends. Then I studied abroad in Paris. I tried to immerse myself in french culture while abroad and I learned, very quickly, that the french run on lovely, delicious, espresso, so I became an espresso snob pretty quickly, throwing back shots of espresso at the local tabac or cafe. Since I studied abroad in the fall semester, I spent my winter days galavanting around Europe, taking sightseeing breaks at local coffee shops.
Since I was a poor student abroad, I relied on plain coffee or those shots of espresso to keep me going! Now, everyday when I sip my espresso or french press, I think back at my days romping around Stockholm or Venice and especially during these cold months, coffee gets me going. Don’t get me wrong, I consistently drink herbal tea all day long, but there’s something extra comforting about the smell of a coffee filled house!
When Community Coffee approached me with their samples and a giveaway, I couldn’t resist! Community Coffee is based out of Baton Rouge, LA and is still family owned since 1919! Not only does Community Coffee produce a variety of delicious coffees, they give back to the community with their Community Cash for Schools program and Military Match Program. Community Coffee is also very reasonably priced (which I like!) and easy to find. You can even buy it here on Amazon!
If sipping a regular cup of joe isn’t your thing, I’ve created a recipe that’s luxurious, awakening, and delicious that is perfect for breakfast or dessert! One of my absolute favorite breakfast options is chia seed pudding. This chia seed pudding is extra decadent because it’s a cafe mocha style chia seed pudding with chocolate, coffee, and coconut.
What I love about chia seed pudding is that it only takes 5 minutes to throw together and then it’s up to you to wait until the seeds have expanded so you can enjoy it! If you aren’t familiar with chia seeds, they’re a lot like tapioca once they expand. They’re a little odd, but I love the texture and love their nutritional benefits.
For one serving (2 Tbl) of chia seeds there’s:
11g of fiber
15% of your daily iron
20% of your daily calcium
5 grams of protein
Chia seeds are also loaded with antioxidants and omega-3‘s! So pack these babies into your diet now!
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼-1/2 cup of fresh brewed coffee
- ½ cup of canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- 1 Tbl pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ Tbl unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao nibs)
- dash of salt (optional)
- fresh sliced strawberries or cherries (optional)
- I like to prepare my chia seed pudding in a jar for easy mixing, but you can prepare your chia seed pudding in a regular cup or a small bowl. Add your chia seeds to the bottom of your bowl or jar.
- Add in your coffee and stir well so that your chia seeds do not clump.
- Add in your coconut milk and almond milk, stirring until everything is well combined and the seeds are loose.
- Top with your maple syrup, vanilla, and cocoa powder and stir until everything is well incorporated. Keep stirring for about 3 minutes so that the chia seeds don’t clump together.
- Add a dash of salt if using and place your mixture in the fridge. After about 15 minutes, check on your pudding and stir again so that the chia seeds don’t clump together.
- I let mine setup overnight so that the chia seeds can expand fully. Refrigerate until your chia seeds have reached their desired expansion.
- Add strawberries or eat plain.
- Snob away!
Now for the good stuff…
Community Coffee has been super generous and I am giving away:
4 bags of ground Community Coffee or single serving cups!
You can enter using the giveaway signup below! You can accumulate multiple entries by doing different tasks within the box below. One lucky winner, chosen at random will win 4 bags of coffee or single serving cups including the Community Coffee Breakfast Blend, Cafe Special, Dark Roast, and French Roast. YES 4 Bags!
You must enter the giveaway between 2/18/2015-2/23/2015, midnight in order to be eligible. I will announce the winner via email.
Don’t forget to enter, if you don’t want to try for your luck, buy some of your own right here!
Happy Snobbing and Good Luck!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter ASAP to gain more entries, and keep yourself energized with the cafe mocha chia seed pudding!
Full Disclosure: Although I received free coffee samples for the review and giveaway, I am not affiliated with Community Coffee, nor did I feel obligated to write a review or positive review in exchange. I am just an exploring vegan excited to share all my vegan-y discoveries with whomever may want to read! Read more about my philosophy on product reviews here. Please note that if you buy a product through my links, I receive a small percentage from Amazon.