The weather might be stuck in summer, but fall is definitely on the brink. It’s getting darker earlier, and pumpkin and apples are appearing everywhere, and they will definitely be making many appearances on VegetarianSnob in the next few weeks to come! Today’s recipe is a dessert, which I know I never do. I don’t know why either! I definitely have a sweet tooth! Today’s recipe is for a fall pumpkin spice cardamom vegan chocolate chip cookie! They’re packed with fall spices and pumpkin seeds (aka pepitas) and they’re not greasy (like a ton of my vegan cookies have been in the past…).
But the flavors are also not overwhelming, there’s a perfect balance between sweet and spice. The cookies not only remind me of fall, but of chai teas and that’s what I love most about them and one of the bagillion things I love about fall!
I’m working on a series of fall based recipes for the blog so stay tuned for a variety of pumpkin, apple, squash, and other fall favorites! I’m so excited.
Want a bunch of fall recipes now, straight to your inbox? Be sure to download my fall favorite recipes now!
Who else is officially ready for fall?
- ½ cup of vegan butter, softened
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of pure cane sugar or vegan white sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbl ground flax meal mixed with 3 Tbl warm water until thickened)
- 1 ½ tsp of pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup of bread flour
- ¾ cup of unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp of ground cardamom
- ½ cup of vegan chocolate chips or vegan dark chocolate
- ¼ cup of raw pepitas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat together your butter, brown sugar, white sugar, flax egg, and vanilla.
- In another large size bowl combine your baking soda, salt, bread flour, all purpose flour, pumpkin pie spice, and ground cardamom, and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients, and stir until everything is well combined and you have your cookie dough texture. Fold in your chocolate chips and pepitas.
- Shape your dough into little balls and flatten them just a tiny bit on your baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool and enjoy with a glass of non-dairy milk!
I hope you liked this recipe! Since Vegan MoFo is about community building (and I haven’t been doing very well with this) I’m going to start featuring my favorite MoFo roundups from other bloggers mofoing!
Like this recipe? Leave me a comment, or share it with your friends! Not ready to cook yet? Just pin it for later!
Like this recipe? Want more like it?
Download my 12 Fall Favorite vegan recipes ebook to get them all in one easy place!