Today’s post is a spooktacular Wicked Witch of the West’s Flying Monkeys favorite easy vegan chocolate silk pie with bananas! Ok I know that these monkeys aren’t the scariest of horror movies, but I’m just getting warmed up! But hey, when I was a kid these lil guys were pretty scary if I do say so myself. But I digress. This vegan chocolate silk pie is a great staple to have in the kitchen, it’s definitely a recipe every vegan and non-vegan needs up his/her sleeve. The crust is made up of vegan cookies and espresso, while the filling is a mix of bananas, dark chocolate, and the secret ingredient, silken tofu, Oh My! But if you’re not a super fan of bananas, just omit them for a perfect vegan chocolate silk pie!
Whaa? Tofu? You Crazy? Don’t be alarmed, this silken tofu (for those of you who aren’t aware) is a perfect creamy substitute you’re just going to have to go fly away from your comfort zone to see the beauty of tofu!
Want more dessert recipes? Click to download my favorite fall recipes here!
The flavors of the chocolate, banana, and a little extra sugar mask the flavor and instead work to make the perfect, creamiest vegan mousse. Plus there’s no gross dairy in this sucker. You’ll be jumping for joy after you make this super simple, creamy, mousse pie!
- 12 oz. vegan chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos work well and are vegan!)
- 6 Tbl. Earth Balance, melted
- 2 Tbl. ground espresso powder
- 10 oz of vegan chocolate chips, or vegan chocolate chopped
- ½ cup of brewed coffee
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 12 oz package of silken tofu (vacuum sealed found in the international food section of your grocery store)
- 2 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 1-2 bananas mashed (depending on how prominent you want the banana flavor to be, or omit this for a simple chocolate pie!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, grind up your chocolate cookies until you have a crumble.
- Next, add your melted butter and blend until combined.
- Press your cookie crust mix into a 9 in. metal pie pan, working it around the bottom and up the sides a bit.
- Bake your crust for 10-15 minutes and let cool for 1 hour. Note: it isn’t required to bake your crust if you don’t want to, but I find it keeps itself together better if its been baked. It’s up to you!
- Prepare your filling. Melt your vegan chocolate by first filling one pot with 1 inch of water and bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Next melt the chocolate, coffee, and vanilla in a bowl or pan set over the simmering water (to avoid burning your chocolate) and stir often!
- Combine the chocolate mixture with your tofu, agave, and banana(s) in a food processor, and process until smooth and everything is well incorporated.
- Pour in your filling into the crust and chill for 2 hours so that your pie can set up.
- Snob Away!
I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore! Now, go make this dessert my pretties!
There’s no place like home in your kitchen!
Happy cooking, happy snobbing,
Did you like this post? Want more recipes?
Download my 12 Fall Favorite vegan recipes ebook to get all my fall favorite recipes in one easy, accessible place! You’ll love it!