Today’s recipe is another quick and easy Gardein recipe. If you haven’t noticed, Gardein is a quick option that we love in our house. Sometimes when you’re not in the mood to cook, it’s nice to be able to throw something together quickly that’s still healthy and delicious!
My last Gardein post was pub-fare gone vegan featuring a fishless filet sandwich with vegan coleslaw and tartar sauce, but today’s dish is super healthy, fresh, and lean! Today’s recipe is for a Gardein Terriaki Chick’n lettuce wrap!
Interested in trying out Gardein for yourself? Click here for a coupon for $1 off!
Today’s recipe is super simple, it only requires 1 pan or wok, takes just 20 minutes, and is nutrient-packed! For this dish I’ve combined a few cooked veggies/options to pair with the fresh lettuce in the wrap. This dish is great for lunch or dinner and does well if you’re bringing your lunch to school or work, just keep the lettuce separate from the filling so that the lettuce doesn’t wilt.
These Gardein Terriaki Chick’n Strips are great as is, but if you want to have a little more sauce or put a thai-peanut twist into the mix, consider adding a little almond or peanut butter with a little bit of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or soy sauce. I also like these just over a bed of jasmine rice!
- 1 package Gardein Teriyaki Chick’n Strips
- 1 head of butterhead lettuce or other variety of your choice
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, grated or minced
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 5-10 leaves of bok choy, chopped
- 1 small can of bamboo shoots (optional)
- 1 small can of water chestnuts (optional)
- 1 cup of frozen, shelled edamame
- micro-greens for healthy garnish
- In a medium to large pan or wok, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add in your garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in your cashews and sauté until lightly toasted and golden, but make sure they don’t brown!
- Add in your Gardein Teriyaki Chick’n Strips and cook for about 5 minutes until warmed throughout.
- Add in your bok choy and sauté until wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
- If using, add in your bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in your frozen edamame and cook just until it thaws, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the Gardein teriyaki sauce packet and stir until heated throughout and all veggies and chick’n is coated.
- Assemble your filling on the butter lettuce and top with fresh micro-greens!
- Snob away!
Be sure to make this and try mixing things up and let me know what you do in the comments below!
Make sure you download this coupon before it’s too late!
Here’s the link: https://ooh.li/c6cd402