So I know spring is technically the time of year for tea parties, but hey, sometimes we can make an exception!
Today’s lavender jasmine vegan tea cakes are perfect to pair with some tea and a book on a cool fall Sunday! These little vegan tea cakes are light and delicate, perfect for nibbles at brunch. Not only do they taste delicious, baking these fills your house with the smell of lavender and jasmine! Plus they’re quick and easy to make, so even if you’re running late, you’ll still be able to make these lil guys!
So, this month I’m doing a little theme, HORRIFYING vegan recipes! But horrifying in the best way! In celebration of Halloween and the month of scares, I’ll be combining horror movies and delicious vegan recipes! Have a favorite horror movie you want to see featured in upcoming recipes? Leave me a comment below! I love your suggestions!
Do you want more recipes like this one?
But don’t worry they won’t all be too scary…
So, invite your friends over before the weather gets too cold, play croquet one last time, and clank your teacups because these teacakes are worth celebrating!
- For the Cakes
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbl Earth Balance, vegan butter
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup vegan brown sugar
- ½ cup vegan pure cane or white sugar
- 2 Tbl flax + 6 Tbl water whisked together
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of brewed jasmine tea
- 2 tsp of ground lavender buds
- For the glaze
- ½ cup of brewed jasmine tea
- 1 tsp ground lavender buds
- ½-1 cup of vegan powdered sugar (depending on how sweet and thick you want your glaze to be)
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a mini-muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir until well combined.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together your butter, coconut oil, and sugar until smooth.
- Add in your flax water mix, vanilla, and tea to the liquid mix and whisk together until smooth.
- Combine your wet ingredients into your dry and whisk until everything is well combined. Fold in your lavender buds.
- Pour your batter into your mini-muffin pan filling close to the top. These teacakes won’t rise much. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- While your teacakes are baking, prepare your jasmine tea glaze. In a medium bowl, combine your tea, lavender, and powder sugar, and whisk until thickened. Taste test as you go to determine how sweet to make it.
- Drizzle your glaze over your teacakes and serve warm.
- Snob Away!
As always, thank you so much for your support and I look forward to your horrifying suggestions! And for those of you who are fall fanatics like me, there will be plenty more pumpkin recipes to come, so never fear!
Here’s to fall, teacakes, curling up with books, and celebrating!
Happy Snobbing and have a wonderful non-sensical Sunday!
Did you like this post? Want more recipes?
Download my 12 Fall Favorite vegan recipes ebook to get all my fall favorite recipes in one easy, accessible place! You’ll love it!
In the meantime be sure to share this recipe with your friends!