Since I posted a photo of this recipe on social media, I’ve received many recipe requests via email! I love it when you all send me recipe requests because not only does it give me inspiration for what to cook next, but it also helps me know what sorts of things you want to see on the blog! This recipe, like my previous one, is one that I make every single week. Today’s recipe is for my favorite granola recipe, that I make every week, an easy vegan matcha granola!
Now, I’m not gluten-free, but I do like to make recipes that are both vegan and gluten-free so that my gluten-free friends can benefit from veganism without added stress of being gluten-free. If you use gluten-free rolled oats (apparently some aren’t gluten-free?!), then this granola recipe will be free of gluten!
If you haven’t yet, be sure to download your free copy of my favorite fall vegan recipes!
If you aren’t familiar with matcha, it’s all the rage. Matcha is high quality green tea that is actually ground into a powdered form. Since it’s green tea, it is filled with antioxidants and since it is caffeinated, this recipe will keep you going strong throughout the day!
This recipe makes for a large batch, so you can prepare it on a Sunday and munch on it all week! If you’re not a huge matcha fan, I’ve also made this with espresso and with the espresso there’s a nice richness to it, so I highly recommend trying it that way as well.
My favorite thing to do with this granola (besides munch on it as a snack from the jar!), is to either have it as cereal with hemp seed milk (my favorite non-dairy milk! For a sweeter treat, or for your coffee, opt for the vanilla version!) or on top of some coconut yogurt with strawberries or blueberries!
- 1 cup raw, unsalted almonds
- ¾ cup pecans
- ¾ cup raw, unsalted cashews
- ½ cup raw, unsalted pepitas
- 1 Tbl hemp seeds
- 1 Tbl chia seeds
- ½ cup of gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Tbl coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- sea salt, to taste ( I prefer flaked if you’ve got it!)
- 1 Tbl matcha powder + another 2 tsps for sprinkling on after baking
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds, pecans, and cashews a few times until they are chopped into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine your almonds, pecans, cashews, pepitas, hemp seeds, chia seeds, rolled oats, coconut flakes, and pumpkin pie spice, and stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Next add in your coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and stir until everything comes together, like you’re baking cookies. If the ingredients aren’t coming together, add in either a little more oil or add 1 Tbl of water at a time.
- Add in your salt and matcha and stir until everything is well coated. Add more matcha as needed to coat your granola and suit your tastes!
- Spread out the granola on a baking sheet to form a layer. You don’t want your granola to be in one large pile, it won’t cook all the way!
- Bake for about 15 minutes, remove from the oven, and break up your layer and try to flip the granola so that it can cook evenly.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, checking to make sure it isn’t burning. Some of your pieces, especially the coconut, will be browned, but that’s ok as long it’s not all browned.
- Remove from the oven and dust with the extra matcha and, (optional) dust with a little pure cane sugar and sea salt, and break up the granola into little bits and clusters. Enjoy warm and for the rest of the week!
- Snob away!
You can even put this granola in a nice mason jar and give it away as gifts for friends and family!
P.S. Don’t forget to download my Fall Recipes eBook! Get your free copy here!