If you all haven’t heard already, it’s officially US VegWeek! Hooray! Happy VegWeek to you! You should take the pledge to go veg! Just make a pledge to yourself to go vegan just this week! If that’s too much to fathom right now, just try switching out one meal per day! It’s easy and I (and a whole bunch of others!) are here to help answer your questions and cheer you on along the way! Just by going veg for 1 week, you can help make a huge difference in our world, and who knows, it might just stick! Need motivation? Check out some awesome, inspiring interviews here! I’ll be posting recipes and reviews all week so stay tuned for your all vegan access!
UPDATE: Angela Liddon has a second cookbook out, Oh She Glows Every Day, be sure to go check out that review for even more allergy-friendly, kid-friendly, vegan recipes! Read the review here!
The Oh She Glows Cookbook features over 100 healthy vegan recipes and of all the ones I’ve tried, all have had a 100% success rate! There’s everything from appetizers, to juice and smoothies, to entrees, and some amazing deserts! There’s even a nice section on tips for your pantry and cooking vegan! The cookbook is filled with delicious, healthy vegan recipes and is filled with a ton of beautiful food photographs, that Angela Liddon is known for! I’m tempted to keep this gem on my coffee table!
Just in light of US VegWeek, I even have a sneak peak recipe for you today as well! I’ve made a few substitutions just based on what I had in my kitchen and local grocery store! But here’s the awesome recipe straight from the book!
- For the Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 Tbl. toasted sesame oil (I used coconut oil)
- 3 Tbl. natural smooth peanut butter or almond butter (I used almond!)
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger (optional)
- 3 Tbl. fresh lime juice, plus more as needed
- 2 Tbl. plus 1 tsp. low-sodium tamari
- For the Salad:
- 4 oz gluten-free soba (buckwheat) noodles (I only had udon so that’s what’s pictured)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for the noodles
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ seedless (English) cucumber, diced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 4 green onions, chopped, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- sesame seeds, for serving
- Make the Thai Peanut Sauce: In a mini or regular food processor, combine the garlic, sesame oil, peanut butter, ginger (if using), and 2-3 Tbl water. Process until combined.
- Make the salad: Cook the soba noodles according to the instructions on the package. Be sure not to overcook them-they should only take 5-9 minutes, depending on the brand.
- Drain the noodles and rinse them under cold water. Transfer the noodles to a large bowl and toss them with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil (to prevent noodles from sticking).
- Add the edamame, bell pepper, cucumber, carrot, green onions, and cilantro to the bowl with the noodles and toss until well combined.
This dish was so easy and super fresh, healthy, and tasty! I am a huge fan of Oh She Glows and Angela Liddon and this cookbook is definitely on the top of my go-to cookbooks!
Now for the fun part…
I’ll be giving away 1 copy of The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon to one of you lucky readers! Entry is super simple! All you have to do is leave a comment at the end of this post! That’s it! But if you want multiple entries, in addition to leaving a comment at the end of this post, fill out the little PunchTab thing at the bottom of this page for multiple entries in the giveaway!
I will announce the winner on Saturday, April 26, 2014, so make sure you enter by Friday night by 11:59 pm! The winner will be notified via email! Good luck to everyone entering the giveaway! I look forward to seeing what you have to say! Take the pledge this US VegWeek and save lives!
Update: Our lucky winner Amber has claimed her prize!
Like this review? Sign Up To Get Recipes Straight to Your Inbox!
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the author or publisher of this book, I am just an exploring vegan excited to share all my vegan-y discoveries with whomever may want to read! Read more about my philosophy on product reviews here. Please note that if you buy a product through my links, I receive a small percentage from Amazon.