Okay Okay, I’m going a little pumpkin crazy lately, but I swear it’s only because a little can of pumpkin puree goes a very long way. Plus, tis the season, right? So, since I’ve been enjoying espresso chia seed pudding lately (and am trying to use up this pumpkin!) I decided to do a little twist, a pumpkin spice latte version of my espresso chia seed pudding recipe. Vegan chia seed pudding is super simple and super delicious! This particular vegan chia seed pudding recipe is a nice way to mix things up for your pumpkin needs!
If chia seed pudding isn’t quite your thing, this pumpkin spice latte mix tastes wonderful as a good cup of joe! But do keep in mind that I’m not an experienced “PSL” drinker, so my tastes might be a bit skewed.
But this vegan pumpkin spice latte pudding hits the spot for a perfect breakfast! Or midday pick me up! Top it off with some cinnamon and raw pepitas (aka pumpkin seeds without the shells) and you’ve got a great snack or breakfast!
Want more recipes like this one? More fall favorites? More ideas for your pumpkin puree?
Download my fall favorites ebook for more!
So for those of you who love pumpkin spiced things, you’re in luck I have a few more pumpkin-y tricks up my sleeve, but for those of you who are meh about it, don’t you worry I have many more MoFo recipes, pumpkin-free in the lineup!
- 1-2 shots of espresso (or ¼-½ cup of brewed coffee)
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 Tbl of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- Begin by making your shots of espresso or brewing your coffee.
- You could probably just throw everything in your jar or bowl and stir, but I always miscalculate how much space my jar can handle, so I suggest making your pumpkin spice latte separately then pouring the whole thing over your chia seeds.
- Pour your coffee into a large mug/bowl and add in your coconut milk (if you want to sneak sips before making your pudding, warm your milk up!). Stir until your coffee is creamy.
- Add in your pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, vanilla, and maple syrup (or whichever sweetener you’re using), and stir until your coffee is well mixed and everything is incorporated. Try it here. Taste for spice, sugar, and creaminess.
- Add your chia seeds to an empty jar (my preferred method) or bowl, and pour over your pumpkin spiced latte!
- Stir, or shake vigorously so that the seeds don’t all clump together. Once your seeds are all independent and non-sticky, seal your jar or cover your bowl.
- Place in the fridge to let the chia seeds absorb the liquid and puff up, for about 3 hours, or preferably, overnight. The longer you wait, the larger the chia seeds will get and the thicker the pudding.
- Top with some more pepitas and cinnamon/pumpkin pie spice, enjoy!
- Snob Away.
Ahem this is also Vegan MoFo post number 17, yep 17 in a row. Definitely a new record.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you try it, let me know what you did/how it goes in the comment! Make this recipe? Be sure to share it with me via social media (@vegetariansnob or #vegetariansnob) or in the comments so that I can share it with everyone!
Happy Snobbing, Happy Wednesday, and Happy PSL season,
Like this recipe? Want more like it?
Download my 12 Fall Favorite vegan recipes ebook to get them all in one easy place!