Happy day 2 of Vegan Mofo! If you didn’t see it yet, I have an awesome counter, that’s tracking the progress of my posts! Help cheer me on! 2 down 28 to go! Woo!
These Simple Healthy Garden Veggie Soft Tacos are simple, fresh, and great for packing your lunch. This back to school garden veggie taco recipe features a ton of different mix ins that you can customize for your favorites! I like this recipe because its fairly quick to prepare and doesn’t require much cooking time (barely any!). If you’re in a major rush or don’t want to turn on your stove just omit the tempeh bacon..if you dare!
But these simple healthy garden veggie soft tacos are loaded with:
nuts and seeds
your favorite veggies
And best of all, they’re
and packed with flavor!
The smokiness of the tempeh bacon paired with the freshness of the cucumbers and crunch of the seeds, makes for a taco that will say ¡ole! to your senses! This recipe can be made gluten-free easily with a corn tortilla instead of a whole wheat one!
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (for a gluten-free option, opt for corn tortillas!)
- 3 slices of cooked tempeh bacon
- ½ avocado
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup arugula or spinach
- 1 tomato, chopped or opt for cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ corn
- ½ of a red onion, soaked in water for approx. 10 minutes for a lighter flavor
- 1 Tbl sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 Tbl raw, unsalted pepitas
- 1 Tbl fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbl vegan ranch dressing, for drizzle
- 1 tsp chili powder
- alfalfa sprouts
- black olives, sliced
- Assemble your veggie taco by adding in your preference of ingredients being careful not to overfill your taco because your tortilla may risk tearing.
- Drizzle with vegan ranch and sprinkle on your chili powder for an added kick.
- Snob Away.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you like this recipe and want 6 more easy, simple, back to school recipes, subscribe to my newsletter and get a copy of my back to school ebook, which features 7 vegan, simple, back to school recipes, including this one! Most of the recipes have never been seen before! If you’re interested in downloading a copy for yourself, click here to subscribe! Or click on the image below!
Happy Snobbing, Happy MoFoing,