Hey guys! Today, I want to follow up with my how to prepare tofu article and show you how we make tofu scramble! This dish is a staple for Alex and I and is great for really any meal of the day but we like to eat it for breakfast. There are probably thousands of variations of tofu scramble so definitely experiment with different veggies, proteins, and seasoning. Sometimes we like to make a Tuscan style tofu scramble other times we like to make a Mexican style tofu scramble. It’s up to you! So I hope you enjoy this and if you try it out please comment us back with your experience as we’d love to chat!
- (If you don't have everything, not a big deal- use what you have)
- 1 block of firm/extra-firm tofu
- 1-2 bell peppers (any color works)
- 1 Anaheim pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 2 potatoes
- 5 cloves of garlic (we LOVE garlic...)
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 C spinach
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- Turmeric powder to taste
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice or Balsamic Vinegar
- (HINT: To get a lot of flavor I usually add a lot of spices/salt/pepper as tofu is bland on its own)
- Prepare tofu as per the how to prepare tofu article- just freeze tofu, thaw it, press it
- Wash all of your veggies and then chop your onion, rosemary, garlic, zucchini, tomato, and bell peppers
- Either cube or crumble your tofu and put it to the side in a bowl
- Shred your potatoes with a cheese grater (or cube them if you prefer)
- Add 2 T of olive oil to a large skillet and heat up
- Add onion
- Add garlic
- Add potatoes (If sticking to the pan either use a non-stick pan first, or add more oil or broth and then scrape it up)
- Stir then add bell peppers, Anaheim pepper, zucchini
- Continue stirring and add tomato
- Add tofu
- Add seasoning mix- rosemary, turmeric, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder then stir in
- Add spinach and lemon juice or balsamic vinegar (to cut down on the chalkiness of the spinach and give a little more flavor) and then cover with lid and let steam for 2-3 minutes
- Remove lid and stir in spinach
- Taste it and make sure there's enough seasoning and enjoy!
This goes great with some toast and fresh juice or alone! I hope you enjoy this and continue to experiment with different flavor combinations and let us know what you come up with. This is also great to make a lot of and eat throughout the week for quick and easy breakfasts or even wrap it up in tortillas for vegan breakfast burritos!
I also made our debut VegetarianSnob video for this recipe that shows you exactly how to make this so I hope you will watch that here. It’s our first video, so bare with us if it’s not as exciting as it could be! I love making videos so look for more to come with tips, recipes, vegan event coverage, and more! Again here is the link to that video on our VegetarianSnob YouTube channel: Vegan Tofu Scramble Video
Well have a great day and we’ll talk soon!
Like this recipe? Sign Up To See More plus tips and Reviews!