Episode #001 VegetarianSnob Podcast: How to be the Only Vegan in Your Family
How to be the Only Vegan in Your Family and Not Piss Them Off in the Meantime. Today’s question comes from Meghan who asks:
I’m starting to go vegan (starting it for lent but I think I want to stick with it!) The problem is that my family is the opposite of vegan and they don’t think I’ll be able to have a healthy diet. What are some tips? Dinner is the hardest because my mom cooks for us so I don’t get much say! How do I make the switch successfully and deal with my family giving me a hard time?
Tune in to see how I help Meghan with the balance of a happy family and a happy transition into a new vegan diet. Plus, I share some exciting advancements in the vegan world.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- DJ Khaled and his 22 Day Vegan Challenge with Marco Borges
- A Few of My Favorite Vegan Cookbooks
- Being the Spokesperson for Veganism
- How you can show others the benefits of veganism without being annoying or rude
- The Data Defense
- How you can defend your choice if backed into a corner
- Prepared and Polite
- How you can take your veganism into your own hands and influence others along the way without being preachy
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Week’s Podcast
- VegetarianSnob on Snapchat: @vegetariansnob
- The 22 Day Revolution by Marco Borges Review on the Site
- The Love and Lemons Cookbook Review + Recipe + Video is now up on the site!
Question of the day:
How many of you are in a situation where you don’t have complete control of your meals on a regular basis?
Submit your questions in the comments below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!